ALL-STARS is proud to serve 100% organic meals and snacks! When planning our menus for the children, we follow the Dietary Guidelines for Americans developed by the USDA and offer servings from the five food groups, including a variety of organic fresh fruits, vegetables, and home-made meals to get the energy, protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber they need for good health. Our daily menu consists of breakfast (7:30-8:30 a.m.), morning snack (10:00-10:30 a.m.), lunch (12:00-12:30 p.m.), afternoon snack (3:00-3:30 p.m.), and evening snack (5:15-5:30 p.m.). Our weekly menu is posted in your child’s classroom.
Your child will have an opportunity to bring in a snack to share with their class. Participation will reinforce the positive behaviors of sharing, being a big helper, and nutritional awareness. Please bring a package of baby wipes on snack days – we use them for little hands and faces in addition to regular hand washing.
Birthdays are special and we love celebrating your child! Feel free to send in a birthday treat on your child’s special day.
Daily Menu Sample
- BreakfastFarm Fresh Egg Quiche with Organic Spinach, and Organic Milk
- Morning SnackHomemade Biscuits with Organic Berry Compote, and Organic Milk
- LunchOrganic Chicken and Broccoli with Alfredo Sauce, Fresh Organic Peaches, and Organic Milk
- Afternoon SnackGarden Fresh Organic Vegetables, Organic Hummus, and Water
- Evening SnackWhole Wheat Penne Pasta with Organic Tomato Sauce, and Organic Milk
If your child has food allergies or any special dietary requirements, please let us know ahead of time in writing so we can make the necessary accommodations. You are welcome to provide the meals and snacks for your child if you feel more comfortable in doing so. Just send a lunch box with everything your child will need for the day. Written and verbal directions will be given to all staff and volunteers so that everyone is aware of the children’s allergies and/or special diets.